So I decided to start a blog tonight. Why? Well, first I’ve been thinking about how to make more passive income. I’ve been dreaming about early retirement for awhile now. Second, it also acts as a bit of a journal or diary. Getting my thoughts out there is always healing. I’ve worked on emotional health a lot the last few years and this could be another avenue to help. Third, I love mentoring. Perhaps this blog could be a way to help others.
It’s not that I think I’m particularly unique. It’s actually the opposite. I think I have a lot of common life experiences to everyone else. While I definitely have a variety of topics I could touch on, I’m not an expert in them. It’s more about just sharing my life experiences.
So, what could I share?
- Parenting: I’m the mother of an amazing 7 year old daughter.
- Infertility: I suffered for years from infertility. Going through In-Vitro Fertilization to have my daughter, and struggling with losses along the road.
- Divorce: I went through a difficult divorce after a very long relationship. It’s not to talk negative about my ex, but rather talk about the challenges with sharing custody, etc.
- Early retirement: I’ve been in Software Development for 19 years. Given all the other things happening in my life, I feel burned out and often dream of retirement. As I work in this direction, perhaps I’ll have some successes and failures to share.
- Work: This won’t be another technical blog. Rather, coping with work life balance, being a senior female engineer, imposter syndrome, etc.
- Technology: Or I could talk about technology, but maybe more the fun stuff, like how my home is smarter than me.
- Exercise: I’m not a fitness guru. I was athletic growing up and definitely have certain passions, but no motivation to actually work out anymore. I’d love to magically wake up and be in shape. Short of that, I can share real life with folks about starting up exercise programs and not sticking to them. I’m lazy, but don’t want to be.
- Migraines: I have them, I fight them, I’m currently winning…
- Organization: Here is where I’m a champ. I’m seriously OCD. I have calendars and to do lists like crazy. Perhaps too much. My brain is constantly thinking of them. Anxiety could be another topic…
- Wedding planning: I’m engaged! No, I won’t be a bridezilla, this is my second and will be very “us” and low stress (if I can manage that).
- Step parent of teens: My fiance has 2 teen boys from a previous relationship. How is that family blending going?
- Home improvements: There’s usually some project going on.
- Crafts: I love to craft and do it when I can.
- Blogging: Since I’m starting one, I can talk about how to.
- Amazon shopping: I buy pretty much everything on Amazon.
- Mental peace: As I mentioned above, I’ve worked on emotional health a lot in the past few years. I’m still a high anxiety person by nature, but am working to find peace.
- Juggling it all, or not!
I wouldn’t want to just share the facts, but the emotions as well. Perhaps it will help someone feel not so alone…
Let me know in the comments…. what do you want to hear more about?